Bay Area Eyelid Surgery Video Gallery
Eyelid Surgery Videos
Eyelid Surgery, Eyelid Lifts or Blepharoplasty are the most commonly performed Facial Plastic Surgery. Cosmetic surgery of the eyelids can rejuvenate the area around the eyes, giving you a more rested and alert appearance. Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery can improve the function of the eyelid.
Each thumbnail along bottom is a different video. Click one to start. Hover over thumbnails to preview. (On iphone click, then swipe for next video)
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery is performed for a variety of reasons. While there are some similarities between rejuvenation of the upper and lower eyelids, there are distinct differences in the anatomy, goals and techniques used:
Upper Eyelid Rejuvenation (Upper Blepharoplasty)
- Removal of loose and sagging upper eyelid skin that disturbs the aesthetic contour of the upper eyelid
- Removal of upper eyelid fat deposits that can form prominent bulges behind the eyelid skin closest to the nose
Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation (Lower Blepharoplasty)
- Removal of loose and sagging lower eyelid skin that forms wrinkles and even festoons on the lower eyelid
- Removal, or repositioning, of lower eyelid fat deposits that form prominent bags behind the lower eyelid skin
Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery is also performed for a variety of reasons. The upper eyelid is much more mobile that the lower eyelid, and is responsible for wiping and moisturizing the eye. When your eyelid sags, you can't see. The lower eyelid, on the other hand is responsible for support and channeling the tears to the punctum (the drain hole near the nose. If the lower eyelid sags, the eye can become dry and paradoxically tear excessively. If the lid sags inwards, the eyelashes can scratch the eye causing corneal abrasions. Different problems require different techniques:
Upper Eyelid Reconstruction (Upper Blepharoplasty and Ptosis Repair)
- Removal of heavy and sagging upper eyelid skin and occasionally fat that block the superior and lateral vision
- Correction of upper eyelid sagging (Blepharoptosis) that can block vision and even lead to functional blindness
Lower Eyelid Reconstruction (Lower Blepharoplasty, Ectropion and Entropion Repair)
- Correction of lower eyelid sagging (Ectropion) that can lead to excessive tearing, dry eyes and corneal abrasions
- Correction of lower eyelid Entropion (folding inwards) that can lead to the eyelashes rubbing on the eye
Asian Eyelid Surgery
Asian Eyelid Surgery also deserves special mention. There are specific anatomical differences between Asian and Caucasian Eyelids. Asian Eyelids have an indistinct upper eyelid crease that forms lower on the eyelid. The lower position and weaker attachment allows the periorbital fat to fall down and forward, and helps give rise to the epicanthal fold. Knowledge of, and experience with these differences is what allows for a well performed Asian Eyelid Lift.
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery Information
For information on Eyelid Surgery, call our Walnut Creek Eyelid Surgery office at (925) 943-6353.
For more before and after pictures and answers to many Blepharoplasty Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our Eyelid Surgery and Blepharoplasty Page.
More San Francisco Bay Area Plastic Surgery Videos